With the arrogance of youth, I determined to do no less than to transform the world with Beauty. If I have succeeded in some small way, if only in one small corner of the world, amongst the men and women I love, then I shall count myself blessed, and blessed, and blessed, and the work goes on. -- William Morris

Thursday, February 22, 2007

And Now For Something Different....

I got a copy of Windows Movie Maker this week, and decided to experiment with it. I put together a tribute to the Inklings, highlighting their most influential works (The Lord of the Rings and The Chronicles of Narnia), their friendship, and the love that C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien had for their wives. Be sure to spot: J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Owen Barfield, Charles Williams, Warnie Lewis, Christopher Tolkien, Edith Tolkien and Joy Gresham!




The music used in the video is "Song for Ten" by Murrary Gold, performed by Neil Hanson, from the Doctor Who Original Television Soundtrack.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 3/06/2007 1:15 PM, Blogger Brendan Sammon said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 3/06/2007 1:16 PM, Blogger Brendan Sammon said…

    Nice work Henry. I see you've really mastered the various features of the movie maker program.
    Well done.

     
  • At 3/07/2007 4:42 PM, Blogger Henry Karlson said…

    Brendan,

    I've been fooling around with movie making. My best religious video is "Where Have You Hidden, Beloved?" on youtube (under Inklingfan). I've also been working on stop motion filming (using my Doctor Who toys), and more or less have figured out the process -- with a plan to turn "Screwtape Proposes a Toast" into an short "movie."

    I have other ideas and plans, but I need to do them one at a time. And I actually got a new program to help and produce better quality output then the movie maker.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home