With the arrogance of youth, I determined to do no less than to transform the world with Beauty. If I have succeeded in some small way, if only in one small corner of the world, amongst the men and women I love, then I shall count myself blessed, and blessed, and blessed, and the work goes on. -- William Morris

Saturday, February 03, 2007

William Morris Quote

That the beauty of life is a thing of no moment, I suppose few people would venture to assert, and yet most civilized people act as if it were none, and in doing so are wronging both themselves and those that are to come after them; for that beauty, which is what is meant by art, using the word in its widest sense, is, I contend, no mere accident to human life, which people can take or leave as they choose, but a positive necessity of life, if we are to live as nature meant us to; that is, unless we are content to be less than men.

--The Beauty of Life.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home