With the arrogance of youth, I determined to do no less than to transform the world with Beauty. If I have succeeded in some small way, if only in one small corner of the world, amongst the men and women I love, then I shall count myself blessed, and blessed, and blessed, and the work goes on. -- William Morris

Monday, January 29, 2007

George MacDonald Quote

How could He be Father, who creating, would not make provision, would not keep room for the babbled prayers of His children? Is His perfection a mechanical one? Has He Himself no room for choice -- therefore can give none? There must be a Godlike region of choice as there is a human, however little we may be able to conceive it.

George MacDonald, "Man's Difficulty Concerning Prayer."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home