With the arrogance of youth, I determined to do no less than to transform the world with Beauty. If I have succeeded in some small way, if only in one small corner of the world, amongst the men and women I love, then I shall count myself blessed, and blessed, and blessed, and the work goes on. -- William Morris

Friday, January 19, 2007

The Vision of God

To truly experience God, our eye of contemplation
Must turn its focus, and all its consideration
Deep within the soul to find what we have sown,
In hidden compartments, previously unknown,
Where our habits reside, flourish and reproduce.
Those unhealthy desires which once did seduce,
Have now left us, yet we continue in their snare
Until from all we wrestle free – an act we must dare.
Then and only then, what will be seen,
Is the soul in its glory pristine,
And God will be reflected within, because his image
Is what we shall encounter in our purified visage.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 1/26/2007 5:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Way before I was ever able to pray at a deep level, I had to look inside at the prejudices that held me back from true contemplation. I had so many to deal with. I never realised that I was full with bias, judgemental ways and even some racial stuff. I thought I was just an ordinary guy until God showed me the way to be with Him at this deeper level.

     
  • At 2/23/2007 2:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Im from Melbourne Australia.
    Real God is not within in any sense whatsoever.
    Please check out:
    1. www.dabase.net/dht7.htm
    2. www.dabase.net/tfrbkgil.htm
    3. www.dabase.net/broken.htm

     
  • At 3/08/2007 10:35 AM, Blogger Brendan Sammon said…

    Hi John from Melbourne,

    Indeed, Real God is not in any sense whatsoever (if I understand the...uh... sense in which you use the word... 'sense') but real human soul IS immersed in sense.

    We should be careful not to subscribe to a kind of Cartesian soul/body dualism. Though God is beyond all sense, it seems that by His own decree, sense is the only way to Him, even when that involves transcending sensuality.

    Not by stepping outside sense as if it were a mere vehicle, but by ascending through sense in recognizing its beauty in an ever deeper penetration to where sense opens to spirit.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home