With the arrogance of youth, I determined to do no less than to transform the world with Beauty. If I have succeeded in some small way, if only in one small corner of the world, amongst the men and women I love, then I shall count myself blessed, and blessed, and blessed, and the work goes on. -- William Morris

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

On The Horizon....

Things have been, obviously, rather slow around here as of late. I'd venture to guess that all of the contributors (especially yours truly) have been drowning under the weight of academic workloads for some time. Not to mention the burdens of "real life," assuming such a thing exists. Now that the semester is underway again and I am in a new and foreign land (the South!), things are crazier than ever.

But fear not. My summer was a very fruitful one, and my appetite for things divine was more voracious than ever. I was a theological sponge during my time off, and I have countless topics for good discussion bouncing around upstairs. I have also begun classes on Theological Exegesis, North African Theology, and Henri de Lubac. The plate is full, but all good things to eat!

So keep an eye out for posts on Biblical Hermeneutics, Historical Jesus, New Testament Theologies, Old Testament exegesis, some book reviews, and, well, de Lubac!

Be patient though. As Tertullian says, patience is the very nature of God.

(Back to the books....)


Pax Christi,

1 Comments:

  • At 9/06/2008 3:10 PM, Blogger Brendan Sammon said…

    Pat,

    Great to hear from you.
    I'd love to know what your course schedule is like and who your profs are.
    Shoot me an email if you have time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home