With the arrogance of youth, I determined to do no less than to transform the world with Beauty. If I have succeeded in some small way, if only in one small corner of the world, amongst the men and women I love, then I shall count myself blessed, and blessed, and blessed, and the work goes on. -- William Morris

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Right and Left Leave No Right Left

Those on the Right
Think they’re right.
Those on the Left,
Claim their right.
But if those on the Right
Always know what is right,
Then those on the Left
Must move Right.
But if those on the Left,
Leave what’s Left
To the Right,
Who’s Left do what is right?
And if those on the Right,
Can’t see right in the Left,
Who’s Right to do what is Left?
When the Left claims the right,
Then the Left becomes Right,
And when Left becomes Right,
All that’s Left is the Right,
And all claim they know what is right.

And when ‘right’ has become,
A thought and a claim,
Who’s left to DO what is right?

5 Comments:

  • At 7/29/2007 9:23 AM, Blogger Athos said…

    In a very 'Easy Essay' style of Peter Maurin. Nice

     
  • At 8/01/2007 6:50 AM, Blogger Brendan Sammon said…

    Thanks athos. A finer compliment I could not imagine. Peter Maurin's easy essays have become a true inspiration to me. I have never encountered such profundity packaged in such simplicity.
    Thanks so much.

     
  • At 8/04/2007 1:55 AM, Blogger A.K. Schwarz said…

    Sweet: You must be enjoying Roma!

     
  • At 8/07/2007 8:09 AM, Blogger D. W. McClain said…

    Brendan, thanks for the provocative and enjoyable read. Looking forward to seeing more...

     
  • At 8/28/2007 11:52 AM, Blogger Brendan Sammon said…

    D McC!
    Honored that you stopped by. I've been trying to figure out how to add your blog as a link.
    I'm not blog savvy enoug, I guess.
    I'll contact Henry. He knows everything!
    B

     

Post a Comment

<< Home