With the arrogance of youth, I determined to do no less than to transform the world with Beauty. If I have succeeded in some small way, if only in one small corner of the world, amongst the men and women I love, then I shall count myself blessed, and blessed, and blessed, and the work goes on. -- William Morris

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Prayers for Ralph McInerny

I've learned from James Chastek's blog that Prof. Ralph McInerny is very ill and in need of our prayers. As I'm sure most anyone who comes across this blog knows, Prof. McInerny is a towering figure in modern Thomism. I had the opportunity to take a class with him and hear him lecture a number of times during my stint at Notre Dame, and he has significantly influenced my understanding of St. Thomas and my interest in philosophy. He is a kind man and a great teacher; truly a consummate Catholic intellectual. Please keep him and his family in your prayers.


Pax Christi,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home