With the arrogance of youth, I determined to do no less than to transform the world with Beauty. If I have succeeded in some small way, if only in one small corner of the world, amongst the men and women I love, then I shall count myself blessed, and blessed, and blessed, and the work goes on. -- William Morris

Thursday, August 17, 2006

A World Full Of Beauty



For the beauty of the earth,
For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our grateful hymn of praise.

Pictured: The Mississippi River viewed from The Effigy Mounds Park in Iowa.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 10/01/2011 6:02 PM, Blogger EDITOR said…

    Hello Henry,

    In upgrading my Inklings-based blog by working to offer ecourses on-line, I find that Cardinal Schonborn of Vienna and Alexandro Garcia-Rivera of Santa Clara University speaking on the topic of first causes in the scientific realm gave sage advice while discussing the Schonborn book "Chance of Purpose".

    Their broadened presentation (on C-span) introduced to the world ideas that need nurturing and study. After very complex arguments were discussed with some of the most educated of clergy in the audience, both men came to the discussion of Beauty.

    In an effort to promote the fruits of the tree of that discussion, I began to fashion ecourses to bring focus to these notions and found in my search your blog.

    I wanted to thank you for this page. Judy Joyce - Editor
    www.proseandpaleale.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home